It’s no surprise that I love spinach and lucky for me it just so happens to go so beautifully with pasta. I’d like to share with you a quick and easy meal that tastes like you spent hours slaving in the kitchen.
On the Bite Tonight: Sauteed Spinach & Garlic Pasta
I haven’t attempted home made pasta from scratch so until I do, the box stuff works just fine. You can use whatever pasta you like, but one of my favorites are egg noodles.
1. Cook pasta in seasoned water (salt & olive oil). 5 handfuls of pasta makes about 2 servings.
2. Dice 1/4 of an onion and saute in 4 tablespoons olive oil with 1 clove of garlic.
Tip: Use a garlic press for full flavor. Just make sure you carry mints with you for the rest of the day.
3. Add 1 cup of spinach to the onion and garlic and saute, allowing the flavors to marry together (fresh or frozen spinach works fine, just run the frozen under hot water to thaw).
4. Once the pasta is done cooking, transfer the pasta to the spinach mixture, adding a little pasta water to create a sauce.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese , pepper, and enjoy!
Light, yet full of flavor. This dish is great if you’re in the mood for pasta, but don’t want that heavy feeling afterwards. Add chicken breast or shrimp and make it a meal, or serve as a side dish.