Stir fry is a go to of mine because it’s easy and healthy. Josh will eat it which is also a plus. Here’s a delicious recipe for a meal that everyone will enjoy.
Today on the Bite Tonight: Mongolian Beef
1. Brown 1 lb. of your favorite cut of beef. I used chunks of beef for stew found in your grocery store.
2. For the sauce, I mixed 1/4 cup Teriyaki, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup soy sauce and a Mongolian Beef seasoning packet. These are a great go to and are found in the international aisle at your grocery store. I prepared the sauce per the directions on the packet, but added Teriyaki & water because it was a little salty.
3. Add the sauce to the beef once browned and let simmer for 5-10 min.
4. Cut up your favorite veggies and add to beef. You can add as much or as little as you like. Go wild!
5. Cover and simmer for 5 min. This will create steam and cook the carrots and broccoli which will take longer than the rest of the veggies.
6. Simmer for another 5 min, checking tenderness of veggies. I like my veggies crunchy, but cook longer if you like them more tender.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
Delicious tender meat, fresh crispy veggies and a slightly spicy, rich sauce. It’s a great way to keep Asian cuisine affordable.