Today on the Bite Tonight: Juicy Lucy
Juicy Lucy, otherwise known as a cheese stuffed burger, is a fun way to impress burger lovers. I like to refer to this amazing creation as a glorious meat sandwich filled with molten hot liquid gold. I have seen these on TV, seen them on restaurant menus, and finally decided to try one out for myself. Yesterday, I was craving a burger and really wanted to do it right.
– 1/2 lb of ground chuck (15-20% fat content is perfect)
– Worcestershire sauce
– Salt, pepper, garlic
– 2 slice of American cheese (or use your favorite cheese)
1. In a large bowl, combine meat, seasoning, and a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce (about 2 tablespoons).
2. Cut the cheese slices in 4’s and stack on top of each other, set aside.
3. Make 1 thin burger patty and place the cheese in the middle, top with another thin patty, pinching the edges to form a tight seal. Form the patty into a burger, pressing to slightly flatten.
4. Repeat for the rest of the meat. This should make 2 burgers.
1. Grill or cook the burgers in a skillet on medium-high heat. You really want a nice browned crust on the burgers.
Tip: Do not flatten or press down on the burgers. You don’t want to press out any juices.
2. Cook until desired doneness. I add a couple more dashes of Worcestershire sauce to the burgers while cooking. I like my burgers well done with a really crispy crust.
3. Allow burgers to rest for a few minutes after cooking. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I topped with pickles, ketchup, mustard, grilled onions, and baby leaf spinach. The creamy, juicy cheese oozing out was delicious! I will forever make Juicy Lucy burgers because it’s so easy and it tastes so much better. Try em out and see what you think.